A forum to chat and have fun.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS: ALL HAIL THERESA MAY This message mandated by the Government of Great Britain.

What's going on lately?

Rosier

Number of posts : 2159
    Registration date : 2008-03-04

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Achievements: Forumer from the old days...she is back!

What's going on lately?

Post by Rosier on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:43 am

This forum's been far too quiet and far too full of spam. Tell me what's going on in your lives. xP

As for me...

- I switched out my old, useless desktop for my brother's (because his laptop is 873483x faster anyway)

- I found out I was careless and accidentally turned in a few wrong papers in History, plunging down my grade.

- I found out the other high school had an open house specifically for my grade, in which my friend received a list of all the courses they offered, and requirements to graduate.

- I did research (for personal interest) about what classes I should take in high school. I was torn between tennis and AFJROTC (Air Force Junior Reserve Officers' Traning Corps), and indecisive about what to do after three years of Spanish, which I will have by the school year after the next.

- I've been into Doctor Who, a BBC show that's been around since the '60s. The man in all the GIFs is the doctor, played by David Tennant.

Mugy
    Ranked #2 Poster
    Ranked #2 Poster

Number of posts : 8478
    Registration date : 2008-04-13

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Achievements: Ranked #2 Poster, Commander-In-Chief rank.

Re: What's going on lately?

Post by Mugy on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:32 am

Um, well i burnt my leg with noodle soup, it's now infected >.>
    Dylan
    Administrator

Number of posts : 6604
    Registration date : 2008-03-10

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    31/100  (31/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Achievements: Founder in waiting

Post by Dylan on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Rosier wrote:This forum's been far too quiet and far too full of spam. Tell me what's going on in your lives. xP

As for me...

- I switched out my old, useless desktop for my brother's (because his laptop is 873483x faster anyway)

- I found out I was careless and accidentally turned in a few wrong papers in History, plunging down my grade.

- I found out the other high school had an open house specifically for my grade, in which my friend received a list of all the courses they offered, and requirements to graduate.

- I did research (for personal interest) about what classes I should take in high school. I was torn between tennis and AFJROTC (Air Force Junior Reserve Officers' Traning Corps), and indecisive about what to do after three years of Spanish, which I will have by the school year after the next.

- I've been into Doctor Who, a BBC show that's been around since the '60s. The man in all the GIFs is the doctor, played by David Tennant.

British TV programmes are always the best. :) I like it as well. Next season is out in a month or so.. or it is in Britain.

I've also been doing kinda the same thing as you. I chose what classes to take next year. But i stay in the same school unlike you. I picked History and le Francais.

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    3/3  (3/3)

Post by Rosier on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:47 pm

A Cinder Block Wall wrote:Um, well i burnt my leg with noodle soup, it's now infected >.>

Ouch! O: How long ago?

Jaggermuffin wrote:
    British TV programmes are always the best. :) I like it as well. Next season is out in a month or so.. or it is in Britain.

I've also been doing kinda the same thing as you. I chose what classes to take next year. But i stay in the same school unlike you. I picked History and le Francais.

On 'BBC America', Doctor Who season 6 (weeelll, technically season 32) comes out on Saturday, April 23 at 9pm EST. By the way, have you seen the classic series? I've only seen a bit of the third and fourth doctors, though, someday, I plan on watching the rest. And do you watch Torchwood?

I'll continue Spanish for another two years, probably, making a total of four years. Then I'll take French for two years. And I want to join the tennis team, but you've got to be very good, haha.
    Mugy
    Ranked #2 Poster
    Ranked #2 Poster

Number of posts : 8478
    Registration date : 2008-04-13

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Achievements: Ranked #2 Poster, Commander-In-Chief rank.

Post by Mugy on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:52 am

last week
    Dylan
    Administrator

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    31/100  (31/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    3/3  (3/3)

Post by Dylan on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Jaggermuffin wrote:

On 'BBC America', Doctor Who season 6 (weeelll, technically season 32) comes out on Saturday, April 23 at 9pm EST. By the way, have you seen the classic series? I've only seen a bit of the third and fourth doctors, though, someday, I plan on watching the rest. And do you watch Torchwood?

I'll continue Spanish for another two years, probably, making a total of four years. Then I'll take French for two years. And I want to join the tennis team, but you've got to be very good, haha.[/quote]

I've watched a bit of the classic series. I don't watch Torchwood, no. Who do you prefer, David Tennant or Matt Smith as the Doctor? And how long have you watched Dr. Who for?

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    3/3  (3/3)

Post by Rosier on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:49 am

That's a hard question, who do I prefer... As much as I like Matt Smith's interpretation of the doctor and the little quirks about him,

as well as himself as a person (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zog-6SrGxE0 <- This is the interview that made me especially like him and look forward to his series, since he seems so down-to-earth.)
    I still have to say that I prefer David Tennant. He's just so enthusiastic and full of life in all of the episodes, yet at the same time, he can act out the more serious parts accordingly. There's just something about him and the way he portrays the doctor.

I've watched Doctor Who as of New Year's Eve, because I kept hearing about it online , and I suppose it took me about two months to fully complete it (New Doctor Who).
    Dylan
    Administrator

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    31/100  (31/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    3/3  (3/3)

Post by Dylan on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:01 pm

I agree. Still, he was the Doctor for 4 years and he had to change at some point. The writing team also changed when David left as well so they gave a bit more to the programme.

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    3/3  (3/3)

Post by Rosier on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Yeah. Steven Moffat is a good writer, and I'm glad he's working on the series full time. I was surprised to find out that the one who wrote all of my favorite episodes - Empty Child, Blink, Silence in the Library, the Girl in the Fireplace - was the same writer who would do all of season five. After watching Matt Smith interviews and finding that out, I was looking forward to season five more. xDD
    Dylan
    Administrator

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    31/100  (31/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    3/3  (3/3)

Post by Dylan on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:52 pm

Yeah, the Weeping Angels are one of my most favourites creatures in Dr Who. My favourite Russell T. Davis episodes are the one's where Donna's memory was blanked (I think there were 2-3 parts of those episodes) and David's final two episodes.

Missed, Retired Mod
    Missed, Retired Mod

Number of posts : 2801
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Achievements:

Post by NoMorePosts on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:49 am

A Cinder Block Wall wrote:Um, well i burnt my leg with noodle soup, it's now infected >.>

Attractive.

Well, I've been listening to lots of music lately. Mostly 20's-70's. Currently working on this kind of sound on my guitar(s).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:37 pm